Anxiety is considered a normal part of life if it occurs occasionally. However, when it becomes chronic, extreme, and occurs frequently, it leaves no peace in your life – to say the least – and can be detrimental to your health.
Medications are a common way to treat anxiety, but this treatment only treats symptoms, not the underlying cause of the anxiety as well as may resultin a myriad of risks and side effects.
In addition to cognitive therapy and behavioral therapy,whichare great ways to treat anxiety, holistic treatment is also a safe and less-toxic way to change your life without relying too much on anti-anxiety medications.
Let’s talk about what holistic treatment is, how it can help with anxiety, and where you can go for holistic treatment in Minneapolis.
Holistic Treatment for Anxiety
Holistic treatment refers to the whole person. For instance, holistic treatment doesn’t focus on a particular organ or disease, but it considers the whole person and takes into account all the aspects of a person’s health: social, emotional, mental, and physical.
Holistic treatments focus on healing the mind, body, and soul to help you feel better. It can help manage anxiety by finding the root cause of the problem and then actually addressing them.
Typically, holistic treatments treat anxiety in the following ways.
- Diet correction through functional or orthomolecular medicine
- Nutritional therapy – This addresses the deficiency of the nutrients in the body with needed supplements, such as omega-3 fatty acids, multiple vitamins with B6 and minerals, probiotics, etc.
- Mind and body practices – Such as relaxation training and meditation.
- Neurofeedback – A therapy that teaches self-control of brain functions by measuring brain waves and providing a feedback signal.
- Holistic detox – Detox using herbal medicines, fasting, lymph drainage, liver detox, etc.
- Acupuncture – Insertion of needles in the skin at specific points to unblock the flow of energy
- Massage therapy – Use touch to manipulate the soft tissues of the body
- Naturopathy – Use of natural treatments to promote healing
- Aromatherapy – Use of essential oils to improve mood, reduce stress, and manage anxiety
- Guide on ways to improve sleep
- Physical exercise
- Personal counseling
The aforementioned holistic treatments are adjusted based on your lifestyle, health concerns, and testing results,revealing deficiencies and imbalances contributing to anxiety.
Holistic Healing in Minneapolis
If your stress, anxiety, or some other mental health condition is causing problems for you and you seek holistic care, consider consulting Dr. Kotulski at Between the Bridges Healing Center.
Our providers do athorough assessment to reach the underlying cause of your stress, anxiety, and other health problems and utilize a variety of therapies that boost your reservoir of well-being and help you feel better.
If you would like to make an appointment with our holistic medicine provider, call our friendly staff today at (507) 388-7488 or use our convenient online appointment request form to schedule your consultation.