Holistic healing is a medicine that focuses on treating the whole person rather than just their symptoms. It considers the mind, body, and spirit to find the root cause of illness or imbalance. Holistic healing is not about turning your back on conventional medicine; those who provide holistic treatments aim to optimize healing by combining holistic therapies with traditional treatments.
Let’s discuss holistic healing and where you can find outstanding holistic healing services in Mankato and Minnesota.
The Fundamentals of Holistic Healing
There are many different principles of holistic healing, including:
- The mind-body connection: This principle is based on the fact that there is a strong link between our thoughts and emotions and our physical health. When we are stressed or unhappy, it can manifest in physical symptoms. Similarly, if we have a chronic illness like heart disease or diabetes, this can also take a toll on our mental health.
- The importance of lifestyle: Our lifestyle choices play a vital role in our health and wellbeing. Eating nutritious foods, exercising regularly, getting enough sleep, and managing stress could help maintain good health.
- Fixing the cause of the ailment, and not just focusing on relieving symptoms: This approach looks at the whole person and their environment to find the root cause of the problem. Treatment may include lifestyle changes, diet changes, supplements, and other natural therapies.
- “The body can heal itself”: The belief that anyone can heal themselves in holistic treatment is based on the idea that the body has an innate ability to heal itself. It means when someone is sick or injured, their body will automatically start working to repair the damage. Holistic treatments are designed to help the body in this process by providing it with natural resources, such as herbs and minerals.
- The use of holistic therapies: Numerous holistic therapies, such as acupuncture, yoga, meditation, biofeedback, biologics, hormone therapy, massage therapy, exercise therapy, supplementation, herbs, and nutrition, benefit the mind and the body.
There is no one specific type of person who can dispense holistic healing. Anyone with knowledge about the body’s natural healing ability could provide this type of care. A holistic care team may include both traditional medical doctors and alternative practitioners, such as acupuncturists, chiropractors, and massage therapists. Different practitioners tend to work together to provide holistic healing to a patient.
Holistic Healing with Integrative Medicine
Integrative medicine is a branch of medicine that takes a holistic approach to patient care. It integrates conventional Western medicine with alternative and complementary therapies. It considers the mind, body, and spirit to create a well-rounded approach to healing and wellness. In a way, holistic healing and integrative healing are similar as these therapies focus on treating the whole person. If you are looking for an alternative or complementary treatment that can boost your current treatments, look to an integrative medicine provider for your needs. There are various therapies that could be available for you to optimize your health and wellness.
Holistic Healing in Mankato and Minnesota
The integrative and functional medicine providers at Between the Bridges Healing Center in Mankato, Minnesota, can address every aspect of your health that affects how you feel. We treat patients with chronic stress and anxiety, cardiometabolic disease, hormonal imbalances, skin conditions, neurodegenerative conditions, and those who would like to get down to a healthy weight.
Our compassionate team of providers will recommend the appropriate holistic therapies that help you heal. Our medical doctor is Dr. Jeffrey J. Kotulski, with more than 25 years of experience in the field and is board certified by the American Board of Integrative Holistic Medicine.
To schedule a consultation, call our office at (507) 388-7488 or use our online appointment request form.