Integrative medicine works by combining traditional treatments with well-researched, evidence-based alternative therapies to address all areas of a person’s health. It uses a range of therapies to help the body heal itself, without the use of drugs or invasive surgery.
Integrative medicine can help alleviate many ailments, from pain, inflammation, and fatigue to stress, depression, and anxiety. It can provide a range of benefits to patients who are looking to improve their overall health and well-being. Find out more about the benefits of integrative medicine below.
Integrative medicine takes a holistic approach to achieving optimal health and healing in all areas of health. It “integrates” conventional therapeutic approaches and alternative therapies to care for the whole person – in mind, body, and spirit.
Because physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual needs can all affect health, integrative medicine focuses on all these areas to help the body heal itself. A combination of conservative therapies, nutrition guidance, lifestyle changes, and ongoing monitoring is utilized without the need for drugs or surgery.
Effective Treatments for Health Issues
Integrative medicine can benefit even healthy people, but it is particularly beneficial for patients with chronic or complex conditions. Integrative medicine works to understand the underlying cause of symptoms or a medical condition. It does this by focusing on you as a whole person and not just your illness or disease and addresses the full range of physical, emotional, mental, spiritual, environmental, and social influences that may be affecting your health.
Integrative medicine can help people experiencing a wide range of symptoms and conditions, including:
- Acute and chronic pain
- Anxiety and stress
- Sleep issues
- Autoimmune diseases
- Headaches and migraines
- Cancer and cancer-related side effects
- Breathing disorders
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Symptoms of cold/flu
- Menstrual problems
- Menopausal symptoms
- Hormone imbalance
Utilizes a Range of Therapies
Integrative medicine incorporates a range of therapies and treatments that are designed to provide effective, long-lasting relief from symptoms. It may also be combined with other practices, such as functional medicine and regenerative medicine treatments, to maximize health and promote healing.
Integrative medicine uses an evidence-based approach to improve overall health and wellness. Treatment is personalized to ensure a patient’s unique health needs are met and may include:
- Osteopathic Manipulation – to promote natural healing by ensuring that bones and muscles are aligned and balanced properly.
- IASIS Microcurrent Neurofeedback (MCN) – a revolutionary technology that causes brief microcurrent stimulation to the nervous system to retrain, reorganize, relax, and better regulate the brain.
- Pulsed Electromagnetic Field Therapy (PEMF) Therapy – is a safe, FDA-approved treatment that can help promote healing, resolve cellular dysfunction, and support overall wellness.
- Targeted Nutritional Therapy – to promote health and healing and improve a wide range of health issues.
- Prolotherapy – to help treat pain associated with many musculoskeletal conditions.
- Trigger Point Injections – to treat painful areas of knotted muscles (trigger points), which can cause pain to radiate to other areas of the body.
- Orthomolecular Medicine – which utilizes optimal doses of natural nutrients, such as vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, to promote health and wellness and prevent, treat, or slow the progression of many degenerative conditions.
- Detoxification – removes harmful toxins that can build up within the body to promote overall health and well-being.
What Happens At My Appointment?
At your initial consultation, your integrative medicine doctor will perform a comprehensive assessment to evaluate your health, symptoms, health history, and different areas of life, such as your diet, lifestyle habits, physical activity level, and social/emotional factors. Using this information, your doctor will recommend appropriate treatment, along with dietary and lifestyle modifications, to help improve your symptoms and overall health.
Minnesota Clinic of Integrative Medicine in Mankato, MN
If you would like to learn more about integrative medicine and how it could benefit your health and wellness, visit Between the Bridges Healing Center in Mankato. It is our goal to provide comprehensive, patient-centered healthcare to help optimize your health long term. We provide a range of personalized treatments and therapies to help you feel better in your body, mind, and spirit.
To learn more, call our compassionate board-certified wellness professionals at (507) 388-7488 or use our online appointment request form to arrange a consultation.